Customer service standard - ServiceMark
ServiceMark is a national standard which recognises an organisation's commitment to, and achievement in customer service.
ServiceMark is based on customer satisfaction feedback and an assessment of employee engagement with your organisation's customer service strategy. It helps organisations understand how effective their customer service strategy is and identifies areas for improvement.
This is an opportunity for organisations, whatever their size or position in the market, to develop their service capability and demonstrate how good their customer service really is.
Why is it important?
Achieving the ServiceMark will help you:
- Identify where you need to make improvements
- Develop action plans for service improvement
- Demonstrate to your customers and employees your commitment to service improvement
- Improve customer retention
- Increase your efficiency
- Motivate and engage your employees
What is involved?
There are three stages your organisation will need to complete in order to gain ServiceMark.
Each element can be taken separately and each will provide insight into your customer service performance:
- Self assessment using ServCheck - an assessment of your employees' engagement with your customer service strategy
- Customer feedback – this can be obtained through the UK Customer Satisfaction Index (UKCSI) business benchmarking data or use your own measurement, providing it meets certain criteria.
- An independent assessor will carry out a number of site visits to ascertain if you are meeting the benchmarks and are implementing the action plans required to drive forward your customer service programme.
Organisations that have achieved ServiceMark
- Abu Dhabi Chamber of Commerce & Industry
- Aon Hewitt
- Ashfield District Council
- Assurant Intermediary Ltd
- Backup Direct
- Bausch & Lomb
- Baxter Healthcare NDC
- Bottomline Technologies
- Bridgewater Community Healthcare NHS Trust
- British Transport Police Central Justice Unit
- Broxtowe Borough Council
- City University London - Property & Facilities Team
- City University London - student centre
- Clarks International - consumer
- Coventry City Council, Benefits Servic
- Cskills Awards
- East Riding of Yorks Council Leisure Facilities
- EDF Energy Multi Sites
- EDF Energy B2B Majors
- Essex County Council
- Europ Assistance Holdings
- GIS & Land Charges
- Gloucester City Council
- Gloucestershire County Council
- Great Guns Marketing
- Isos Housing
- Johnson & Johnson Vision Care
- Johnson Fleming Ltd
- Land Securities
- Legal & General Investments - Corporate Accounts Team
- London Pension and Fund Authority
- Mafrak Hospital
- Manheim Bristol
- Manheim Inspection Services
- Martek Marine
- MODern Housing Solutions
- Motability Operations
- PHS Group Datashred
- Provident Insurance (formely Covea)
- Scotia Gas Networks - Aldershot and Glasgow
- Scottish Water
- Sheikh Zahed Housing Program
- Shropshire Council Customer Service Centre
- South West Trains - Customer Service centre
- Surrey County Council Contact Centre
- The Chartered Institute of Management Accountants
- Town & Country Housing Group
- Transform Sandwell
- VISA Europe
- Westfield Contributory Health Scheme Ltd
- Wicks Installations
Find out more
Would you like to find out more about Institute research, benchmarking, accreditation or training & qualifications?
World Class Model for Customer Service
Find out more about the elements which make up world class customer service.
Examples of ServiceMark accreditation