This is a 6 month fixed term contract role based in our London offices. The role will be 35 hours, 5 days a week, 9 - 5 Monday to Friday.
The salary for this role is £25,000 - £28,000.
Who we are…
We are an independent membership body, with a diverse range of members across all sectors and industries. Our vision is to see a world where excellent customer service has a positive and sustained impact on individuals, organisations and the economic performance of UK Plc.
Why work for us?
You’ll be joining us at an exciting time when the work that we do is more important than ever. We know where we want to go and how to get there, and you can play a key part in achieving our vision.
We care deeply about our people and are committed to investing in personal development.
The opportunity for you
A new opportunity has become available within our Marketing & Communications Team for an Events & Marketing Executive to join us on a six-month fixed term contract.
Purpose of role
• To deliver a programme of events which increases member and non-member engagement and ensures members gain maximum value from their membership
• To organise events ensuring cross-departmental co-ordination
• To promote and manage events relating to national profile raising (including The Institute’s Annual Conference and Awards) and support regional event delivery
• To support the Marketing & Communications Team with a range of activities relating to Marketing, Communications and Product
What we are looking for:
An awareness of modern marketing techniques including product launch, campaign management, digital & social channels, lead generation.
• Planning and implementation of effective communications plans and events on time and within budget
• Accomplished oral and written communications in English to produce concise and impactful digital marketing copy and promotional material
• Delivers to time and budget in line with project management principles
• Strong commercial acumen
• Financial management of events, and the ability to identify opportunities to reduce cost and improve performance
• Excellent virtual team management and ability to manager stakeholders including CEO, Director team, Client Development team and suppliers
• IT skills: competent in use of dotmailer, Mailchimp or similar; Eventbrite software or similar
• Microsoft competency levels: Advanced Word, Intermediate Powerpoint and Excel
• High integrity
• Proactive and solution-oriented
• 3 years’ experience in a Marketing B2B or B2C environment, with at least 2 years’ experience of event management (essential)
• Briefing and managing suppliers in events management, venue provision, and production of printed and online materials (desirable)
• Using events metrics and KPIs (desirable)
Education and Professional Qualifications
Educated to degree level (essential)
Minimum GCSE at C or above (or equivalent) in English and Maths (essential)
Note: Occasional evening work and travel to other locations will be necessary for business reasons
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package and investment in your personal development. You will have the opportunity to improve customer experiences for our member organisations, resulting in a sustained improvement on the performance of the UK.
A full job description for this role can be found here
To apply please email a copy of your CV and cover letter to [email protected]