The customer perspective: shaping your customer service strategy
Measuring and benchmarking is an important step in developing your customer service strategy or taking it to the next level. Business Benchmarking is The Institute’s independent survey of your customers helping you to measure your customer satisfaction, identify strengths and areas for development, and benchmark your performance with other organisations either in or outside your sector.
The questions in the Business Benchmarking survey are aligned to UK Customer Satisfaction Index (UKCSI) – the national measure of customer satisfaction – which enables results to be benchmarked against the latest UKCSI results.
Business Benchmarking is exclusively available to organisational members. As part of membership, you can carry out regular surveys to measure improvements over time.
Find out more about our new Business Benchmarking Platform here.
Insights delivered by Benchmarking
Why is it important?
What is involved?
- You must first nominate an internal business co-ordinator to liaise with us
- Timeframes are up to you, to start online whenever you’re ready
- Once registered on the web portal, you will be able to access your bespoke survey link
- Once registration is complete, an email will be sent to all customer contacts inviting them to complete the questionnaire
- During the process, customer contacts will receive three emails: the initial invitation and two reminders
- Your nominated internal business co-ordinator will be able to check the progress of the survey at any time through the online portal
- Finally, an action plan will be created with the support of your local Institute account director
Bespoke Business Benchmarking
Alongside the core UK Customer Satisfaction Index (UKCSI) benchmark questions it’s also possible to work with our Research and Insight team to include additional bespoke questions to give specific insight about your customers. We can also help you frame survey questions and reporting requirements to maximise the value of your benchmarking survey. Contact us or your Client Development Director to find out more.
Your Business Benchmarking Journey
Start your Business Benchmarking journey here
Get in touch with us today