We are always on the lookout for talented people
For us working at The Institute of Customer Service is more than just a job. If you join us, you’ll be an important part of a values-driven organisation working to make an impact on organisations, individuals and the economic well-being of the UK.
We are committed to your professional development, and you have a real opportunity to make a real impact to the economic and organisational wellbeing of the UK whilst you work with a range of FTSE organisations.
What you can expect
Find out more
Who we are…
We are an independent membership body, with a diverse range of members across all sectors and industries. Our vision is to see a world where excellent customer service has a positive and sustained impact on individuals, organisations and the economic performance of UK Plc.
Why work for us?
You’ll be joining us at an exciting time when the work that we do is more important than ever. We know where we want to go and how to get there, and you can play a key part in achieving our vision.
We care deeply about our people and are committed to investing in personal development.
The opportunity for you
A new opportunity has become available within our Marketing & Communications Team for an Events & Marketing Executive to join us.
Purpose of role
- To own, promote and manage events relating to national profile raising (including our flagship Annual Conference and Awards) and support regional event delivery
- To deliver a programme of events which increases member and non-member engagement and ensures members gain maximum value from their membership
- To organise events ensuring cross-departmental co-ordination
- To support the Marketing & Communications Team with a range of activities relating to Marketing, Communications and Product
What we are looking for
Effective project management, promotion and execution of physical and virtual events. A solid grounding in modern marketing techniques including product launch, campaign management, digital & social channels, lead generation.
- Excellent planning and implementation of effective communications plans and events on time and within budget
- Accomplished oral and written communications in English to produce concise and impactful digital marketing copy and promotional material
- Delivers to time and budget in line with project management principles
- Strong commercial acumen
- Financial management of events, and the ability to identify opportunities to reduce cost and improve performance
- Excellent virtual team management and ability to manage stakeholders including CEO, Director Team, Client Relationship Team and supplier partners
- IT skills: competent in use website CMS, marketing automation platforms (Hubspot or similar), event management systems
- Microsoft competency levels: Advanced Word, Intermediate Powerpoint and Excel
- High integrity
- Proactive and solution-oriented
- 3 years’ experience in a Marketing B2B or B2C environment, with at least 2 years’ experience of event management (essential)
- Briefing and managing suppliers in events management, venue provision, and production of printed and online materials (desirable)
- Using events metrics and KPIs (desirable)
Education and Professional Qualifications
Educated to degree level (essential)
Minimum GCSE at C or above (or equivalent) in English and Maths (essential)
Note: Occasional evening work and travel to other locations will be necessary
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package and investment in your personal development. You will have the opportunity to improve customer experiences for our member organisations, resulting in a sustained improvement on the performance of the UK.
Click ‘Apply’ to make an application and ‘View Full Details’ to see the full job description.
If you would like to join us, please fill out the form below and attached your CV and a Cover Letter and we will be in touch.