The All-Party Parliamentary Group (APPG) on Customer Service raises awareness and understanding of customer service amongst parliamentarians and establishes a dialogue with UK organisations across all sectors.
At our APPG meeting on 29th November 2022, we looked at the need to tackle current skills shortages across the economy through the professionalisation of the customer service industry.
The latest APPG meeting was attended by:
- Philip Davies MP, Chair (Conservative, Shipley)
- Liz Twist MP, Vice Chair (Labour, Blaydon)
- Steven Bonnar MP, Vice Chair (SNP, Coatbridge, Chryston and Bellshill)
- Bill Esterson MP (Labour, Sefton Central & Shadow Minister for Business and Industrial Strategy)
- Chris Pitt – Chief Executive of first direct
- Hayley Barker – First Direct
- Peter Cross – Consumer expert
- David Dagger – Marketing & Communications Director, Institute of Customer Service
- Oliver Hazell – Account Director, Cavendish Advocacy
- Jay Kellagher – Account Executive, Cavendish Advocacy