FirstImpressions delivers training to improve customer service skills, knowledge and understanding
FirstImpressions is a 20 hour interactive course for customer facing staff. Participants develop customer service knowledge and skills, and generate ideas to improve service delivery.
Features and benefits
- Work-based assignments to develop service improvement plans for your organisation
- Content based on the latest customer service research and practice
- On-site training with flexible delivery times
- Course delivery can be customised to meet employers' needs
- Delivery is quality assured by the Institute to maintain consistency, quality and standards
- Certification by The Institute of Customer Service
- Develops customer-focused behaviours, skills and competence based on best practice
- Motivates individuals and teams to understand and exceed customers' expectations
- Independent recognition of individuals' professionalism
- Increases confidence and job satisfaction
- Keeps organisations and individuals at the cutting edge of customer service professionalism
- Helps build and develop a consistent customer service culture across the organisation
- Option for course delegates to benefit from continuous professional development through Individual Membership of the Institute
First Impressions course structure
The 20 hour FirstImpressions course is typically delivered as a two day group training course with a gap between each day to allow for identifying and developing a service improvement opportunity.
- Complete a training workbook during the course
- Identify and agree with their manager a Service Improvement Opportunity for their organisation
- Take their improvement opportunity back into the workplace to implement
The course consists of four modules:
- Developing the mindset of a customer service professional
- Communicating effectively
- Dealing with challenging customer interactions
- Delivering service excellence through teamwork
The course helps participants develop a solid foundation in:
- Fully appreciating their role as a customer service professional
- Knowing what excellent customer service is, and how to deliver it in their role
- Developing a service reputation through trusted customer relationships
- Communicating effectively in the delivery of customer service
- Demonstrating how Emotional Intelligence plays a key part in their role as a customer service professional
- Feeling confident in using appropriate behaviour when dealing with challenging customer interactions
- Recognising the skills, attitudes and behaviours that create a winning customer service team
Designed for customer service leaders and managers
Our management and strategy qualifications combine customer service andmanagement learning to improve the personal effectiveness of teamleaders and managers – and deliver tangible business benefits
A 30 hour interactive training course
Our service management course develops the knowledge and skills of managers and leaders to help their team deliver better service
Institute membership gives you exclusive access to customer service research across all sectors.
Our training and accreditation programmes can raise your service standards.
Are you looking for organisational membership?
We support some of the UK's leading businesses in improving their customer service.