13 of the UK’s leading businesses are celebrated for their achievements in customer service at the Institute's third annual UK Customer Satisfaction Awards.
Institute of Customer Service
13 sector reports are available based on UKCSI data from 26,000 consumer responses. The reports include customer satisfaction rankings of leading organisations in each sector, as well as key insights into the drivers of satisfaction and loyalty.
In the face of tough trading conditions, the retail industry continues to improve its customer service, strengthening its position at the top of the latest UK Customer Satisfaction Index (UKCSI). The UKCSI is the national measure of customer satisfaction which gauges the quality of UK customer service through 26,000 consumer responses each year. Find out more about the trends across all sectors, the top performing organisations and the link between customer satisfaction and business performance.
The Institute's latest research report identifies that consumers are more inclined to complain when something goes wrong despite facing significantly less problems overall when buying goods than they did 5 years ago. It also includes insight into the state of complaints in the UK, why customers do or don’t complain if they have a problem, what issues customers complain about, and what drives satisfaction with complaint handling.
The Institute recently launched a ground-breaking report: The future of customer service: a blueprint for 2020. Organisations face a daunting set of service challenges that require immediate action, and this report aims to help leaders in their future strategy planning by creating a set of visions of what customer service will look like in 2020.
UKCSI Jan 2013 reports now available
The reports contain insights into customer satisfaction in 13 industry sectors, including how organisations compare on customer satisfaction and complaint handling.Institute of Customer Service
About the Institute of Customer Service
The Institute of Customer Service is the professional body for customer service. Our main purpose is to lead customer service performance and professionalism. We're a membership body with a community of more than 350 organisational members - from across the private, public and third sectors - and over 5,000 individual memberships. Read more about us.
Find out about organisational membership
Improve customer satisfaction, employee engagement and bottom line performance. Find out how membership can benefit your organisation.
- Open to all members of the Institute, the AGM provides a report on the year’s business activity and results plus guest speakers and a great opportunity for networking.
- A free event for organisational and companion members of the Institute. This event will explore the topic of emotional intelligence and two speakers will explore how expertise in this field can be utilised to enhance customer service performance.
- A free event for organisational and companion members of the Institute. This event will explore the topic of emotional intelligence and Accelerator Solutions' Richard Harvey will explore how expertise in this field can be utilised to enhance customer service performance. THIS EVENT IS SOLD OUT.
- A free webinar to discover the insight available in the UKCSI Sector Reports published by the Institute twice a year.
- Specifically organised for professionals within the Call Centre & Customer Services industry, this event run by Forum Events will offer access to a selection of reputable providers and suppliers via a series of structured meetings and workshops. The Summit is designed to help call centre professionals to discuss their plans, generate new ideas and share information in a non-pressured environment.